If you are new to the prospect of shopping online for shoes, for sure we can relate! We too are passionate about fit, comfort and the all-important ‘touch and feel’. However, these are unusual times and with that in mind, we can give comfort that online shopping is just as exciting as shopping instore, with the right know-how.
Online shopping is like a gift to yourself – the excitement of unwrapping your new arrival is truly wonderful! Here, we share quick tips about how to successfully shop online for shoes, list the three things you need to get started and give considerations for shopping safely online.
Take comfort – we have checked the quality for you
Firstly, good news. You can trust that every shoe at Mikko meets our high quality standards, and has been hand checked to make sure it meets the high standards of our Mikko customers.
For our new AW20 range, last year we travelled to Milan to meet with the family-owned businesses that supply to Mikko Shoes. I have picked up each shoe we sell and felt the texture of the leather upper, examined the quality of construction, tested the suppleness of movement and reviewed arch support and foot comfort.
Once selected and the shoes reach our support office, each shoe is photographed at multiple angles and a detailed description is written so the online shop gives a true representation. This is all done so that when you order online, the shoes you receive meet your expectations and there are no surprises (other than delight!).
What you need to get started
Before you jump online, there are three things you’ll need to shop from www.mikkoshoes.nz:
- You’ll need your full physical address to deliver to, including postcode. Use this NZ Post postcode finder if you’re not sure. https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/address-postcode-finder
- Visa or Mastercard credit card to make the purchase. The online form will ask you for the 16-digit number, name on the credit card and the expiry date. On the back you’ll find the 3 digits on the signature strip, this is the CVC number.
- Your shoe size – even if you think you know your shoe size, it pays to double check with a size guide to avoid having to return shoes. Our size guide can be viewed here https://mikkoshoes.nz/size-guide/
Good to know
There are three things to be aware of for safe online shopping:
- Security – your personal information, your credit card details and your communications with any online store should be secure. As you would expect, Mikko Shoes uses the highest encryption possible and has strict security policies in place for online orders.
- Returns policy – this specifies the criteria for a store accepting shoes bought online being returned. Ideally online stores would offer both an exchange (if the size isn’t right) or refund (if the shoe doesn’t suit you or isn’t what you expected). Mikko offers both. Just be aware that in order to make a return you will need to post back the item in the same condition it was received so it can be re-sold. So this means returning unworn shoes in their original box, with the tissue wrapping and stuffing included. (You can read more about Mikko’s return policy here).
- Product warranty – some store product warranties are better than others. The ideal is product warranties that cover any manufacturing faults when returned within 12 months of purchase with a receipt, like Mikko does.
How to shop
Once ready to shop, you just need to browse the selection of shoes on offer at www.mikkoshoes.nz. Flicking through the new season catalogue online is a great way of getting inspiration – click any style image and add the item to your shopping basket. Once you’ve finished your selection, you just need to click the basket symbol to go to the Checkout. There, you will be guided to check your order and then asked to create a new profile, add payment and delivery information and you’re done. In 3 – 5 business days your gorgeous new shoes should arrive, voila!
Not sure about something? Ask our shoe-passionate team! Our team are available to give personalised advice via phone and email. They are all professionally trained to fit shoes and have hands on experience of each style. If you have any questions as you’re shopping from our online store, just call (09) 283 3621 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the team are happy to help guide you to find your perfect fit.
We have done all the hard work in selecting the most comfortable and stylish European shoes so that you can sit back, relax and await the delivery of your new purchase with confidence. Shopping online opens up a world of convenience and we’re doing all we can to make our online shop match the easy in-store Mikko shopping experience you know and love. Click here to shop now!
Michaela and the Mikko Shoes team
Like our Facebook page so you’re up to date on when our stores are open again, to see style suggestions and know about our regular competitions.