Whilst we have officially passed New Zealand’s shortest day, we are in the depths of the winter season. That all-day chill is the kind of cold that makes you want to rug up with a cosy knit and a cup of tea until summertime returns! Though early mornings can be a struggle, here at Mikko we’re staying inspired by the rich colour palette of the Winter 2018 season.
Texture and embellishment embody the opulence, elegance and luxuriousness of this season’s collection. Elements of brocade and glamorous adornments make getting ready a treat, whilst plush, soft suede personifies the attitude of the season –drawing influence from the 70s with a bohemian attitude. But above all, a romantic colour palette is the number one drawcard for us this winter. A palette as timeless as it is head-turning. Even better – all of our gorgeous winter styles are now on sale too – and that’s something worth getting out of bed for!
THE WINTER 2018 COLOUR TRENDS
– Winter Berries: Opulent and elegant, this season’s winter berry colour palette compliments the rich tones of the season. A great colour to accessorise with; or wear top-to-toe for a refined and romantic look. Be playful and incorporate with 70’s inspired styling. A wide spectrum of feminine tones; raspberry, wine, cherry and burgundy are represented from refined heels to casual sneakers. Carleen by Arche has been a favourite this winter.
– Enchanted Forest: Wearable yet slightly daring, green shades of forest to jade are enchanting and mysterious. Drawing from the opulence of the season, the colours present beautifully from the rich textures of suede, like Brooklyn by Brenda Zaro, to luminous metallic leather, like Cassie by Arche. Enchanted Forest is a colour that completes any look from corporate to street.
– Pewter Palette: Dazzling and dynamic, pewter is our favourite metallic this season. This winter we are moving away from the casual styling of those gone before, to an elegant revival of dressing up. Pewter is an ideal metallic to wear with black where many of the footwear styles incorporate this go-to shade – like the Naomi by France Mode. For those on the go, Pewter is the perfect day-to-night option.
– Royal Navy: While navy is a colour that we often see as a winter wardrobe staple, it has to be mentioned as a key colour to our romantic 2018 seasonal winter colour palette. This seasons navy comes in varying tones from a dark royal blue, like Atkin by Ara, through to deep midnight shades. Navy is always sophisticated and chic. Wear it with a spectrum of blue hues head-to-toe for a statement look; accessorize with a navy handbag or pair it with this season’s autumn spiced tan or nut shades for complementary contrast.
– Autumn Spices: Drawing from 70’s inspiration this season, timeless earthy mid-tones of eastern spices add depth to your winter style. Rich shades of brown from tan, curry, nut and whisky to paler shades of nougat and toffee spice up your wardrobe this autumn. These rich hues can be worn with varying shades of brown, or amp up your weekend style and wear winter browns with your favourite denim or black capris. Our pick for the perfect winter brown boot is the Jozini by Gabor.
To find more colour inspiration, check out our AW18 catalogue for our curated winter footwear range – now updated with Sale pricing!
In 2013 we launched Mikko Shoes to offer an extensive range of European hand selected and handcrafted quality shoes for women that want comfort and style in their footwear. More than just a stockist of stylish shoes that will go the distance, our team at Mikko are professionally trained in fitting and styling, ready to help you find your perfect pair.
The Mikko team
Like our Facebook page to see the latest European styles as they land in NZ and be the first to know about our regular competitions.
Visit one of our six stores in the North Island to experience the Mikko difference or shop online here: www.shop.mikkoshoes.nz