As the days get shorter, the increasingly crisp mornings have seen us dusting off our winter shoes and boots and adding an extra layer or two. While many of us have been sorry to see the end of summer, who isn’t a little bit excited about the impending cosy winter warmers?
As you consider what you need to complete your wardrobe for the season ahead, we have compiled a comprehensive list of the key styling and fashion trends for winter 2018.
As we curated this collection, it was top of mind for us to bring you seasonal styles that would not only excite and inspire, but also work back with those wardrobe staples you reach for, year after year. Investing in timeless quality that also deliver comfort, will give you footwear to be cherished for many seasons to come.
WINTER KEY STYLE TRENDS
- The Midi-length boot: A refreshing take on the ankle boot that has reigned supreme in seasons past. This updated style comes in a little higher up the leg, providing extra support around the ankle, making them extremely comfortable and offering added warmth as the days get colder.
- Baroque Brocade: Once reserved only for royalty, the luxurious texture of Brocade is a romantic trend providing us all with a little bit of accessible elegance this winter. Ranging from embossed or printed leather to sumptuous velour textile, this ornate look epitomises the opulence of the season.
- Stretch Tex: Stretch textile footwear is a must this season. This durable fabric is incredibly flattering as it fits snug to the leg and accentuates curves. Add casual polish to your day wear with this form fitting silhouette, both in midi-boot length and practical slip on shoe Wear with confidence and pair with a midi-length skirt or pant.
- 70’s Styled Heel: Heel shapes this winter have drawn inspiration from the 70s, a time known for endless creativity and expression. Contoured block heels have retro flare while being supremely comfortable and stable.
- Everyday Embellishments: Elevate your winter style with subtle, everyday embellishments. Bringing life to classic wardrobe essentials; studs, jewels and metallic trims ensure that every outfit makes a statement this season.
- Sneaker Style: Sneakers have forever been the ultimate weekend staple, but this season our trusty, comfortable sneaker must-have is a little more grown up. Ladylike features of embellishment, rich suedes and a romantic colour palette represent a move away from their classic boyish past to a more feminine direction.
- Back to Business: The slim-line suiting silhouette is a go-to style for all women this season. No longer confined to the office, this look can be worn for all occasions. The essence of modern style broad shoulders, finely pressed trousers, double breasted jackets and court shoes are the epitome of feminine solidarity.
- Lovely leather: Of course, beautiful leather is always in style. Rich seasonal colours in soft nappa leather embodies the luxury of the season, and features in many of these winter trends. The natural characteristics of soft leather mean that it moulds to the shape of the foot for a perfect fit that gets better with every wear.
For more inspiration, check out our AW18 catalogue for the latest styles in Winter footwear.
In 2013 we launched Mikko Shoes to offer an extensive range of European hand selected and handcrafted quality shoes for women that want comfort and style in their footwear. More than just a stockist of stylish shoes that will go the distance, our team at Mikko are professionally trained in fitting and styling, ready to help you find your perfect pair.
The Mikko team
Like our Facebook page to see the latest European styles as they land in NZ and be the first to know about our regular competitions. Visit one of our five stores in the North Island to experience the Mikko difference or shop online here: https://www.shop.mikkoshoes.nz